Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Wow I totally forgot I even had this thing. I can't believe how much has gone on in my life since the last time I wrote in here. We have a new addition to our family, a cat named Kitty (even though I call her Meow Meow since that's all she does). She gets along with Spencer good. The only problem is that I can't keep the dog from eating the "treats" in the cat's litter box...gross! Any ideas would be welcomed :) Christmas was nice. The kids got a lot of cool stuff and had a blast playing with every single thing they got within 4 hours. It's like they were on a tight time schedule haha!

So the binkie I started last year got stored away once I started my job in February. Until a month ago I was working 2 full time jobs and quilting was the last thing I had time for. I quit one of my jobs and pulled it back out. I'm proud of myself for totally being brave enough to try the whole improv thing. I think it turned out good. I made it for my mom for Christmas and an "I appreciate you" gift. That woman is AMAZING! The embroidered square design came from one of the girls I work with. She is always doodling and I fell in love with this doodle so much I had to stitch it. Thanks Michelle! I'm waiting on mom to send me some pics of the finished quilt so I can put them up here.

For now, here's one of it in progress...

















My next project is going to be a Wonky Log Cabin like the one here http://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/search?q=for+dana . It looks so fun and is right up my alley. Fingers crossed it won't turn out like that purse I tried to make 2 weeks ago. That was a total nightmare. At least I can salvage some of the fabric haha!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails