Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Filmstrip

Ok, my quilting ADD crept up on me faster than I had anticipated. I've got Hannah's Quilt of Super Awesomeness on one craft table and started cutting the pieces for Elijah's quilt. I have decided to do a black version of Crazy Mom Quilts' Baby Filmstrip. I think with all of the crazy fabrics he picked out it'll look adorable, and since he LOVES taking pictures, the title is perfect! I'm starting to freak out a little because I have 4 weeks to finish both of these bad boys in time for Valentine's Day. I figured if I go ahead and piece his top, then I just have quilting left to go.

I'm also going to try and conquer my fear of binding. I usually just leave enough of the backing to fold over the front so I don't have to worry about bias and the dreaded mitered corners (I'm cringing just saying it). However, my need to begin conquering my sewing fears is motivating me to try it. I think I have successfully done the regular binding method ONCE since I started sewing almost 10 years ago. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails