Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hexagons

I got bit by the hexie bug last year, and started working on them for my daughter's promise quilt for when she goes off to college in a few yrs.  between work and the kids, I didn't have much time to keep at it.  Now that I've been laid off of work and am almost 6 months pregnant, I decided I would make the most of the time I have to keep my legs elevated on the couch and start making hexies again.  This gorgeous pillow by Clover and Violet inspired me to make one for my future mother-in-law for Mother's Day.
I chose colors that she has decorated her home & cabin with.  Here are my 1" hexies ready to sew.


The other night my daughter asked me if I would teach her how to make them.  Of course!  The next morning we went fabric shopping to get her more, since she blew through what I gave her.  It's awesome seeing her interested in sewing!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails